FAVA seeks exciting, inspiring, and innovative media artists from the Greater Edmonton Area for our new Artist in Residence series!
The FAVA Community Artist Residency welcomes applications from artists in any stage of their practice who are producing film or video art.
There are four residencies available; each residency is two months long.
FAVA will provide CDN $1500.00 to each successful applicant, to cover materials and necessary expenses for their project. The Community Artist will receive the payment in three instalments:
- first payment on the first day of residency (upon signing of contract) - CDN $500.00
- second payment upon receipt of first deliverable (curated video & blog post) - CDN $500.00
- third payment upon receipt of second deliverable (original new work for streaming on FAVA TV) - CDN $500
The activity of the residency will be:First Month
- Select one video for streaming on FAVA TV, and write an accompanying artist statement blog post about the work. Selection can be a previous work by the artist, or an existing film by another artist who has inspired you — you must secure permission from rights holder to stream any work.
- Create a new work to be streamed on FAVA TV. This work can be any length, in any style or genre. The Community Artist will have free use of any gear in the FAVA Production Depot that is not booked out by other FAVA members, and free use of our Exhibition Suite and post-production facilities (edit suite, darkroom) as available. Project must be uploaded to FAVATV by the last day of residency at 11:59 pm GMT, along with an accompanying artist statement blog post.
- Present an artist talk at FAVA.
Previous FAVA Visiting Artists have included Christina Battle
and Matthew Rankin