All FAVA members in good standing are eligible to apply. Members in good standing are defined as those who have paid their membership fees and have NO outstanding debts beyond 90 days.
- In accordance with Board policy, all FAVA members, including Staff and Board Members, are encouraged to apply.
- Only directors or producers who own the rights to the project and retain creative control are eligible to apply.
- Applicants are welcome for projects completed within the last 24 months.
- Projects submitted previously (including those submitted to FAVA Fest) are not eligible to be resubmitted.
- FAVA members are welcome to apply with as many eligible projects in as many different categories as they wish. Please fill out a separate entry form for each application.
- If the film or video contains third-party content (such as video, music or images), the applicant must have the right to use that content.
- The film or video must not infringe third-party copyrights or other intellectual property.
- Award recipients grant FAVA the right to use publicity materials related to the film or video and to broadcast or screen clips to a maximum of 30 seconds for promotional purposes.
- If the jury decides that a project is more appropriate for a different award category, FAVA reserves the right to move the application.